When it comes to playing at the most popular online casinos, craps are always on today’s menu. Offered in unique and traditional formats, this is undoubtedly one of the most fun casino games to play and win big. However, beginners can feel intimidated at first playing craps. Luckily, this guide has some simple but effective tips to give you the front foot playing craps and possibly begin to earn profits.
What is online craps?
Before we dive further into the basics, let’s first discuss what precisely online craps is. Well, craps is an entertaining classic casino game that allows players to wager on the result of a roll or several rolls. You can also predict the outcome of two dices. Craps was discovered in the US and became very popular after World War II. Today, it’s a favorite among most online casino players and operators alike.
Basic craps bets to know
Interestingly, the basic craps bets usually offer the highest odds in these streets. So, it’s vital to learn how each bet works to stand a chance to rack up more wins.
- Pass line bet – This is without an iota of doubt the most critical craps bet. Here, the table layout has an extensive line area for placing your chips. You’ll win if the shooter rolls a seven or eleven on the come-out roll.
- Don’t pass line bet – This is another regular bet in online craps. In a nutshell, it’s the exact opposite of a pass line bet. To win, the come-out roll should read two or three. Players who play this bet are usually called “wrong” players as they are up against the shooter who’s the “right” player.
- Come bet – Come bet is very similar to a pass line bet, just that it’s made if a point is set. In other words, you make a wager after the shooter establishes a point.
- Don’t come bet – Don’t come bets rank among the most mathematically sound wagers in this popular dice game. They are very similar to don’t pass bets, except they are made after a shooter makes a pass line point. It has a house advantage of 1.35%, similar to don’t pass bets.
- Odds bet – An odds bet isn’t your usual craps bet. In this bet, you need to place a standard bet like don’t pass line or pass line, then put your odds behind either of these bets. Surprisingly, this bet has a 0% house edge.
Pro tips for playing online craps
While learning the basics is very important, you must do a few other things to improve your winning odds. First of all, it’s vital to avoid those sucker bets. Place bets fall in this category as you’ll have to wager on more than one number – 4 up to 10. Typically, the house advantage is usually high, ranging from 4% to 6%.
Also, set aside a particular bankroll for playing online craps or any other online casino game. This ensures that you don’t get caught up in a losing web. Select tables with limits if possible. And lest I forget, all your efforts will be in vain if you don’t choose regulated online casinos. Any bettor should be looking to play in a secure and fair environment. Do your research online and check for the license number at the bottom of the home page.
The Bottom Line
To sum it up, you can’t become a pro craps player without enough practice. Luckily, there are hundreds of free craps games that you can play on your mobile device or computer. Take advantage of these games before committing your hard-earned cash playing craps. And above all, always play for fun.